Ha, cause I have some deep insights and inside info, right? Not so much. Just a few thoughts:
* No iPhone, or if there is, it’ll be VoIP only (there are about 100 reasons why Apple can’t just poof into existence a new phone network, and while its possible they’ll just release a handset that cell carriers can market, doing that while still maintaining the Steve Jobs “perfection” seems difficult/unlikely.
* Lots of fun new home-networking gear. Pre-N routers will replace AirPort Extreme, Express may receive an update as well, the “iTV” product will launch and have Pre-N support as well.
* HD content in the iTunes store and playable on the iTV.
* Perhaps another piece of “Apple in your living room” kit.
* New features for the video on the iTunes store, such as closed captioning and alternative-language tracks and menus and chapters (hope, hope).
That’s about all I can think of. Maybe a ultra-portable, but that’s unlikely. We’ll see in a few days. If there is an amazing “one more thing” I feel like its most likely going to center around digital media in the home, although I suppose Apple could boldly surge into some as-yet-identified new market. Really don’t think it’ll be phones, though (he says, preparing to eat his words).
*Edit 8 Jan 11:54pm*: If the _WSJ_ says there is going to be a phone, then I guess there is going to be a phone.